Saturday, April 24, 2010

Evaluation of Narrative and Deformity

Amy and I presented the chapters Narrative and Deformity. I thought the Narrative discussion went rather well. It took a while for the class to warm up, but when they finally did, the discussion was great. Class was coming to an end, and we had more material to cover, so we were well prepared. I couldn't believe it went so well, considering I raced to class from Newark.
We prepared even more for next presentation on Deformity. We met and spent hours talking about the presentation. The mistake I made was turning out the lights while we showed images. I also asked Amy if she would like to stand at the podeum with me that time. Both of these changes were spontanious and really effected the discussion. It made our talk seem more like a slide presentation and not a class discussion. So the students became really quite. We had a lot of material, but went through it much faster than the Narrative talk. I got nervous because the class was unresponsive, therefore I got quiet while Amy kept talking. So....never turn the lights out if you are going to have a class discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment