Thursday, April 15, 2010

MANIFESTO - Sarah Davis



This is not a report on what I think art is today. The assignment was to research what art is today from readings and research, and to look at actual art objects. I am not so trustworthy of my opinion/judgement in assessing art objects then and categorizing them in art of today. I don't want to regurgitate what I read because it just summarizes what the established writers, critics, historians, and theorists have said. If you want to know what art is today, read the text I am wearing as my clothing and jewelry, written by those professionals. I wear their knowledge, try it on for size and weight, and carry it with me, because I am required to do this in academia. To be honest, I didn’t know much about this stuff before I came to grad school, so I am starting from square one. I am an artist, and this is where I stand in art today, in this academic setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment